Little Peanut has arrived

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 5, 2009

From the Beginning

I decided to start this blog because we don't get to see a lot of you due to the fact that we don't live close by. I think I will start from the beginning of our little Family's life together and go from there. Cam and I met two and a half years ago. He was pastoring the church that I was attending. I was working for my parents and trying to do the best I could raising my son Aiden as a single parent. I was going through a very grueling custody battle with Aiden's biological father at the time. in January 19, 2007 Cam invited me to go Kayaking to relieve some of the stress. I of course accepted his invitation and that's how it all started. After our "date" kayaking my parents invited him up to Tahoe as we would be skiing and playing in the snow for a week (Little did I know that him visiting us in Tahoe would lead to a long and happy life together). Then on February 15 we had our official first date. We went out to dinner at a little restaraunt in town named Taka's Grill where they serve yummy japanese food. after a few months of dating we decided that we wanted to get married so in April of 2007 Cam made me a scrapbook to propose and had it all captured on film.
A few months later we got pregnant. Yes you read that correctly, we were pregnant before marriage. We weren't pleased with our decisions, but we were excited that we would be welcoming our first child into the world together. Cam started a new job as an Emergency Dispatcher for Cal-Fire at Howard Forest in Willits in October. On January 20, 2008 we were married on a friend's ranch in Yorkville. It was a small gathering of close friends and family as I was 6 months pregnant. It was catered by a friend of my mother-in-law's. Flowers were done by a friend of hers as well. We chose red and black for our colors because Cam wanted to wear his Cal-Fire Class A Uniform and the ranch we were getting married in was red as well. I drove to Santa Rosa at the last minute to try and find a nice dress that would fit over my large belly. I successfully found something that matched our colors. The evening before the wedding Cam's dad took us all to dinner at Libby's, a very nice family restaurant with excellent food. We all got to talk and mingle. Savannh Del Campo was my Maid of Honor. Andres Avila was Cam's Best Man. Aiden was our Ring Bearer and Katherine Dobson (Cam's Niece) was our flower girl. Despite the wedding being planned in less than a month everything was beautiful. Peggy (my mother-in-law) and Cris (my sister-in-law) did an excellent job decorating. There were candles and flowers. Baskets and pillows. The elements were wondrful. We stayed a little while after the marriage ceremony and mingled with our guests. Toasts were made, and tears were cried. It was the happiest day of our lives (or so we thought). The next few months would prove to be fun filled, but also very danting as I would soon become more tired and anxious as my due date approached. After my birthday, we moved ourselves and Aiden over to Ukiah to stay until the baby came. We stayed at a house that Cam's Step-Mom owns. Aiden played in a wading pool that we bought him most of the two weeks we were there. On April 10, 2008 my midwife told me that I needed to be induced because I was pre-eclampsic wich came as no surprise as I had the same complication with Aiden. So on the evening of April 11, 2008 we welcome Thomas "Christian" McFadden into the world. He was 7 lbs 2 ounces and 21 inches long. He came out hungry and hasn't stopped being that way since. Christian is an eater unlike Aiden who could really care less about food. My children have brought nothing bug joy top my life. Cam got to take a month off to be home with me and bond with Christian. We took Aiden to "A Day Out with Thomas" in Sacramento when Christian was two weeks old. He got to ride on Thomas' train and meet Sir Topem Hat, play games, read stories, play in a bounce house, and have a balloon sword fight with a really cool clown. The next day we took him to the Train Mueseum in old town Sacramento. He loved trains and had such a good time. I think that it's important to make sure that the child gaining a sibling knows that they aren't being replaced. And Aiden had no problems adjusting to the change. He has loved Christian since before he was born. They are best buds. They play together already even though Christian is only 9 months old. Aiden has even taken interest in helping feed him and bathe him. It's been quite an experience having two at home but luckily I've been able to watch Christian grow and experience life more than I was able to with Aiden at this age. I'm so proud of them both!
Well that's going to have to be all for this post, I will have to continue our story of the past year in my next entry because right now there is a baby wanting some attention and love from his mommy. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Words of encouragement are always welcome. I will try to encourage you as well!