Little Peanut has arrived

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Scenic Sunday: God's Masterpiece

"Sometimes we are so busy with everyday life that we forget to appreciate the beauty that God has placed before us. Scenic Sundays are about stopping and smelling the roses. And while you're smelling those roses, take a picture so that others can share in your appreciation for the beauty of His creation. So pretty please come join us for Scenic Sundays. Maybe we'll see things in a different light. "
Head over to Pieces of Miti and join in on Scenic Sundays and remember how blessed we are by God's Creations!

Our family is blessed to live in a beautiful place. This photo was taken while my husband and I were staying at The Heritage House the night of our Wedding. It was taken while sitting on the balcony. We live in Fort Bragg California on the Mendocino Coast. At any given time I can drive down Hwy 1 and see beautiful seascapes. God really is Good isn't he? I also would like to share this poem with you all, it touched my heart as I read it this morning. It is so true, and it goes perfectly with this photo! I also thought I would enter Spiritual Sundays/ this week.

Jesus, Captain of Life’s Sea

I have a friend in Jesus

Who guides me through the gale

A first mate and a skipper

Who helps me to set sail.

He offers strength and guidance

A helmsman at the wheel

An ever-steady beam of light

A fortress made of steel

He’s the master of the ocean

My refuge and my rock

A harbor that I turn to

My anchor at life’s dock.

He’s a mighty sailing warrior

A helping hand indeed

A pilot through the churning waves

He meets my every need.

He’s the One I always run to

When the waves won’t let me be

The lighthouse that I turn to

On a rough and troubled sea.

He’s a smoothly sailing vessel

A refuge from the storm

The gentle breeze that sends me to

An island, sweet and warm.

He’s a brave and fearless skipper

A shelter from the heat

Water when I’m thirsty

A vessel filled with wheat.

He’s a sure and steady sailor

My Captain on life’s sea

No matter where I journey

He goes along with me.

Copyright © Marilyn Ferguson 2003

Happy Sunday Everyone!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem and I love the photos. You live in a beautiful part of the country. We lived in Stockton for 19 years and drove over to that area many times.
    I'm so glad you chose to share this with us today on Spiritual Sundays. We have several people who have shared today for the first time.
    God bless and have a wonderful Palm Sunday and Spiritual Sunday.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! MY! what a beautiful picture you are truly blessed!! and to be able to recognize where it comes from, how awesome. And thank you for sharing such a beautiful poem.
    Blessings
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife, Charlotte said what I would have said if I had arrived here first. Since I didn't I will just say "Amen" to her words and thank you for posting. WAIT. She said it but I can't leave your post without also saying what a beautiful place you live in. It truly does remind us of the goodness of God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO lucky and it's nice to hear you do not take it for granted to live in such a place of beauty! So many others do not take time to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Thank you for sharing it....I live inland (Midwest) and we never see the ocean! Blessings! Lu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this photo as well as the wonderful poem. I'm so glad God gave us such a lovely earth to enjoy. Have a great week!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....what a blessing to be able to enjoy such beautiful scenery so close to home. Your photo is absolutely beautiful...just like the poem. Great Scenic Sunday. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful poem! God is so good. I'm so glad that you shared this today, other wise I would of never heard it.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Words of encouragement are always welcome. I will try to encourage you as well!