Little Peanut has arrived

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blessed Children

Mathew 8:2-4, He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. ."
We are called as Christians to have Faith like little children. We are to follow Jesus without question. Little children do not know anything but to need, want, and strive after their fathers and mothers. God is our father. We are to have the same relationship with God as our little children have with us. We need to be in His presence. We need Him to feed us. We need Him to supply our every need. We also are to serve Him. As I shared with you in this post, I learned a lot about service this week. My hubby serves his God, his family, and his community. I follow suit. We do these things to glorify God. We serve because our Savior Jesus Christ made the ultimate sacrifice when He died on the cross. He is up in heaven serving as our advocate. He serves us every second of every minute of every hour of every day. John 21:16 is a good example of Jesus asking for our service. "Simon if you love me, feed my sheep!"
John 21:16, Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."
So not only are we to follow Christ but we are to serve him as well. Are we really humbling ourselves like Children? I pray that we all are.
Tomorrow is Friday. My husband will be off for the next 5 days so I will probably not be posting much between now and Tuesday. I hope you all have a blessed weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What cute boys you have. We try to find ways to serve as a family...it can be harder when you have little ones.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and joining the bra conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I hope you enjoy your days away to the fullest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Words of encouragement are always welcome. I will try to encourage you as well!