Little Peanut has arrived

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 7, 2009

Why do bad things happen to good people?

 

Recently I  have been praying for a baby named Stellan.  He has a problem with his heart. I also pray daily for my mom as she has pancreatic problems and is in chronic pain.  I have been contemplating why God allows bad things to happen to good people (or little children).  I have been going through the book of James in a Sunday school class this past month.  I came across this passage:

James 1:2-4 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials knowing that testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have it’s perfect result so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I think as sinners we sometimes forget that God is never done shaping us into Christ-Like individuals.  He allows trials and hurt in our lives to teach us to rely on Him.  Sometimes just causing us pain isn't enough so he uses someone in our lives to help us in our spiritual growth. I am reminded by this passage that we are to consider all things joyful. We are to thank God for the good and the bad in our lives. 

When we walk through the valley we should be singing and praising God. When we reach the peaks we should continue singing and praising God.  We should be singing and praising God all the day through.  We are to patiently accept the trials that we facing and praise God. If nothing else praise God that you are here to face them another day, and that one day when you meet Him in the sky, you will no longer face trials or hurt.

James 1:2 is a good reminder for all us, especially me.

And just for fun few more photos from our trip to Six Flags.  Yet another reminder of God’s goodness and power.  What magnificent animals!

DSC_0297

DSC_0304

God Bless,

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. I so needed to be reminded of that today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post and a question that has bee on my mind this week with so much tragedy.
    I have a GREAT giveaway going through Sunday night...$100 Surprise Gift....with a little Christmas to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Words of encouragement are always welcome. I will try to encourage you as well!