Little Peanut has arrived

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 22, 2009

#3

As some of you know, I work for my parents. My step-dad is a Dentist and asked me to become a Registered Dental Assistant and work in his office. Being the boss’ daughter can be difficult. Most employees think that I am spoiled, make tons of money, and get to do whatever I want. He and I know that this is not the case. As much as I try to ignore the fact that employees just don’t like me, it can be difficult sometimes.

In the past three weeks my mother and I have had the disadvantage privilege to be training three new staff persons. Three you say?!? Yes, I said three! Now one might think that this is a bad thing. However it has been extremely good for our small office. My parents and I are Christians and so are two out of the three new employees.

Satan has been attacking our little corner of the world fiercely. He wants to get in there and do bad things. Employee #3 has been very difficult to deal with. She has been explosive, noncompliant, non communicative, and deceptive. On more than one occasion she has been in my face yelling at me.

As Christians we must understand what Jesus has planned when we are oppressed by non-believers. Jesus told the Disciples that we are as sheep amidst the wolves and we are to be as wise as serpents and as peaceful as doves (Matthew 10:16).

You see, I could have gotten back in #3’s face. I could have started a cat fight. However, I did not. I simply let her have her moment of fury. I did so because Jesus told the Disciples not to be anxious of how or what they would say when standing before governors and kings because God would speak through them (Matthew 10:19-20). My situation was no different. When faced with this kind of trial, one should just rely on the Holy Spirit to guide them.

Satan would love to attack the good things God is doing for our Dental Office. He would love to get in there are tear it apart. All it would take is one Christian lashing out at a non believer for Satan to win. All the way to work the last few weeks I have called out to Jesus for help taming my temper (because I have one), inward peace, and outward humility. He was good and just to deliver as I knew he would.

Jesus also told the Disciples to take nothing with them when he sent them out to proclaim The Kingdom of God and heal the sick (Luke 9:3). He wanted them only to take the clothes on their backs for their journey. He didn’t want sweating the small stuff. The necessities would be provided by God.

Sometimes we get distracted with the stuff in our lives and we forget God’s purpose for us. Our purposes as Christian is to Proclaim the Kingdom of God. We are Jesus’ Disciples.

He told them to stay in whichever house they entered. He warned the 12 that many would not receive them and as they left those cities they were to shake the dust from their feet as a testimony against them (Luke 9:5). I think he was trying to tell us that we should not dwell on Satan’s attacks. We should brush it off. Then let God deal with whoever is oppressing us in his own timing.

Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Mathew 28:19).

Go! The Bible commissions us. Jesus warns of the evil lurking in the midst, but gives us power over it. We must spread the Good News through oppression. It is important that people look at us differently and want what we have as Christians. For no other reason than this, I did not snap back at #3.

chelsisig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Words of encouragement are always welcome. I will try to encourage you as well!